Friday, October 3, 2008

Witches, Ghosts, and Mummies...

Sometimes you start making something.... and you just never know how it's going to end up.... One of my friends and fellow stampers had a birthday this past week..... and he just LOVES the Halloween season. So I ventured out to make him something different and unique. I will say.. this is a ONE OF a KIND... never to be repeated....not because I don't want to.. but some of the pictures I found in magazines to cut up and add, are the only ones I had on hand. Do you ever go through old magazines, pulling out things that catch your eye and say... hmmm... I can do something with that. Well, that's how I came about using the witch and spider tag pictures. I had recently gone through some old stamping magazines, randomly cutting out things I thought interesting... put them in a little cello bag and laid on my stamp desk to "do something with "...


I started creating this fold up book, first with an office folder which I covered with this TREE paper I had in my stash... Then to the inside.....














I started stamping some trees, and decided each pocket needed something different..so.. I saw those little pictures laying there I had just found the other day.. and thought they would be the perfect addition to the pockets.





























Had to add some pumpkins to another pocket......















And whats a pocket with out a mummy??















Had to add some tombstones and ghosts.....and big funky spiders.....














Some of the images on the tags are from the Tim Holtz collection also... he has so many "distressable" stamps!! Just love those...
All the pockets have tags or bookmarks for my friend's reading pleasure.. So happy halloween Robert!!

No comments: