Friday, December 19, 2008

The Christian Christmas Tradition of the Advent Wreath

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. ~ John 8:12

In our first Christmas tradition, we recognize the Advent wreath, which symbolizes several things:

Chrisitan Christmas Tradition of Christmas Advent WreathThe evergreen, which represents everlasting life found in Christ.
The circle of the wreath, which symbolizes life without end.
And the candles, which remind us of Christ as the light of the world.

So I chose to make a Christmas wreath , using the symbol of evergreens as one of my Christmas cards this year.


Here's my "pile" of finished cards.
Supplies: Riding hood red, whisper white cs; Riding hood red taffeta ribbon; Snowburst & Holiday blitz snowflakes for the wreath, and a good ol pencil eraser for the berries!!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments: