Monday, July 9, 2007

Stamping into the wee...hours.....

Thought I'd share some photos of previous stamping projects, especially since the Polka Dots and Paisley set is now in our new Fall/Winter catalogue!! I made this set for our group's semi-annual stamp camp grand prize: Clipboard, spiral notebook (using the new spiral punch), and a pencil holder. Also stamped the bankers box with Double Line Doodles using white acrylic paint on the black box. The whole project came out nice. So now I am covering, stamping, and decorating more clipboards and books!! Now for current projects.... Stamp club.... and convention swaps, and OSA swaps (yeap.. I'm also a member of the Oriental Stamp Art group). Nice group of very, very talented artists who specialize in Oriental stamping and design.

It's been a long weekend. I held my monthly stampclub at my house and stayed up late Saturday cutting cardstock, working on cards so everything would be ready and all I'd have to do was put all the extraneous stamp things away. My daughter calls them "stamp barnacles". For those of you who don't know what a "stamp barnacle" is.. my daughter moved home to pursue a second degree and profession, and consequently her furniture came with her. It is in what was my stamp room and living room. So every time I lay some stamp items (stamp sets, boxes of papers, orders that come in, new product, etc) on her sofa... she says it's growing "STAMP BARNACLES"!!! So...after cutting everything and bagging it up for the club, I finally called it quits at 4am.. Why do I do that.. I am so tired the next day.. but did get up at 9am, and we moved all the rest of the "barnacles" out of the room and had two tables set up for the stampers. Even got done by NOON!!

So.. I figured why not try to figure out one more card for the ladies. I got out my TJ tutorials and brought up the directions for the Flap Fold card. It's very similar (if not a rendition) of a card we did for our spring stamp camp. My hostess of the month came and we sat there, me measuring and reading and trying to figure out the directions, only to find out I was missing about every other instruction off the web. My "new printer" tends to not print web things completely all the time. So Gail and I came back out to the computer (in my soon to be "Stamping Studio") and looked up all the missing instructions. I finished the card, but didn't get the dimensions written down the way they are truly readable, until after the club had finished two of their projects. But it all came together nicely and "WOWED" them with such a neat card.. very easy to do and so elegant looking when it's finished. Like one said.. the hard part was cutting the 6 different sized pieces for the card. So I will show you what our stamp club did. Two were cased from SCS... couldn't resist using the new Vases in Vogue with all the new IN-COLORS-08, and another was a cased variation of another TJ : Double Vanilla. I had the ladies make two different color sets with the double vanilla. They really liked the fact that you can use one ink on ANY color of cardstock!! Cool... huh?

No comments: