Saturday, January 19, 2008

Holy Triptych Arches

The images in the arches were stamped with Stazon black onto polished stone backgrounds. The chipboard arches were from Provocraft Etc. line. I think they are now discontinued, but I have a few left to do something else with...maybe an Easter or Mother's Day creation is eminent. After I made the polished stone pieces and stamped the images, I also embossed the overlay scrolls in gold on the night of navy cardstock, and cut out to fit on top of the polished stone pieces. This way youy could line up the pieces to fit in the arches with no "white showing" beneath.
The bottom is the scroll design from Baroque Motif stamp set using gold encore ink. I edged the arches with the gold ziggy pen, made some stars with glue and dazzling diamonds glitter, stamped the saying in gold encore, and in the final version that got sent off... added a square red/orange rhinestone brad over the Holy family image. Both sides of the chipboard arch were covered with Night of Navy cardstock from SU.


Before I went into the hospital to have my knee replaced, I had taught a Christmas card class for my customers. One of the things I had them make was a little stand up arches using the SU Holy Triptych stamp set. I submitted one to SU for their monthly contest, but alas, I heard nothing.. so I hope they enjoyed it anyway. Here is my version of the Holy Triptych arches.

No comments: